School’s out, but the learning continues with the Education.com Summer STEM Challenge!
This challenge blends elements of science, technology, engineering, and math with tactile learning to create critical thinkers and problem solvers.
How to enter:
- Head to the Summer STEM Challenge page to download the entry form
- Select an activity that is grade-appropriate for your child
- Have fun and be creative! The instructions serve as a guide to help your kids along their journey
- Take a photo of the end-result and email the photo, along with the signed entry form, to email@example.com
The challenge lasts the entire month of July and three winners will be randomly selected to win a one-year Premium membership!
Here are simple, hands-on experiments to build foundational skills that will serve kids well in school, and beyond. You might even have all the materials already!
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
- Making a Boat: Construct a boat that can float 25 pennies
- Building a Bridge: Build a bridge out of marshmallows and toothpicks
3rd – 5th Grade
- Making a Solar Oven: Create a solar oven to bake s’mores
- Egg Drop: Design a device to protect an egg from a tall drop
6th – 8th Grade
- Balloon Car: Make a balloon-powered car
- Insulate a Cup: Produce a cup that’ll keep drinks colder for longer
Check out the Summer STEM Challenge for more details!